CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WRCB) – A Chattanooga, Tennessee man is taking Popeyes Louisiana Chicken to court over their ongoing sandwich shortage.
On Monday, Craig Barr and David Barry, a representative for Popeyes, appeared in General Sessions Court.
Barr filed a lawsuit against the fast food chain for running out of the new chicken sandwich back in August. In the lawsuit, Barr is asking for $5,000 in damages.
He claims Popeyes engaged in false advertising and deceptive business practices.
“You go to one location, they are like ‘come back tomorrow,” Barr said. “I talked to managers who never even ate a sandwich. They never even got a sandwich. There never was a chicken sandwich at the East Ridge location.”
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Perseid Meteor Shower Peaking
- Practice will look different for Fall sports
- Border Protection finds $60 million worth of marijuana in a shipment of limes
- Overcrowding at the jail: A growing problem during the pandemic
- Conversaciones sobre la reintegración de los estudiantes continua para el distrito escolar USD 259