Chipotle Mexican Grill is adding carne asada to its menus nationwide for a limited time.
It’s the chain’s first new protein since it added chorizo in 2016.
Carne asada is a more tender cut of steak, cut into thin strips rather than chunks.
It will cost 50 cents more than Chipotle’s original steak, which is already one of the most expensive protein options customers have.
Chipotle rewards members will be the first to sample the carne asada Tuesday, Sept. 17.
The menu item will be available to everyone starting Thursday.
- 4th person in Wyandotte County dies from coronavirus
- Texas Governor orders self-quarantine for anyone traveling into state from Louisiana
- Wine curbside delivery dog: Hagerstown winery hopes to keep sales while social distancing
- Country music legend Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
- K-State, Nebraska Ink 3-Game Series, Starting in Kansas City in December