Chipotle Mexican Grill is adding carne asada to its menus nationwide for a limited time.
It’s the chain’s first new protein since it added chorizo in 2016.
Carne asada is a more tender cut of steak, cut into thin strips rather than chunks.
It will cost 50 cents more than Chipotle’s original steak, which is already one of the most expensive protein options customers have.
Chipotle rewards members will be the first to sample the carne asada Tuesday, Sept. 17.
The menu item will be available to everyone starting Thursday.
- Shockers Drop Two to Begin Easton Bama Bash
- Shockers Win Home Opener Over Texas Southern, 5-2
- Lawmakers aim to tighten advance voting rules
- New bill may make it easier for Kansans to vote
- Openly gay Brigham Young students react to new handbook honor code change