STAPLETON, Ala. (WKRG) – An Alabama driver was stuck by an IV needle that was hidden, taped under the gas pump at a gas station in Baldwin County, Loxley police said.
This all happened Wednesday night according to police.
“When the victim reached for the gas pump handle, they were pricked by what appears to be a hypodermic needle,” said Lt. Doug Phillips with Loxley police.
Police have sent the needle off for testing. The customer has been treated as a precaution.
“I have no idea the reason or rhyme behind somebody wanting to do something like this is, but it’s a serious felony crime. The criteria behind this could mean a multitude of things. Number one, just in itself with nothing on the needle would be a felony assault,” said Lt. Phillips.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Rain chances go up, clouds stick around
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight