GERMANTOWN, Tenn. (WMC) – An elementary school in Tennessee is raising money for one of its own staff members after noticing how hard he works, just to get to work.
Robert Reed is a much-loved custodian at Farmington Elementary School in Germantown.
He says he has to catch three buses and walk two miles to get home.
Colleagues took notice of his work ethic and his need, so teacher Elizabeth Malone started a GoFundMe page to raise money for a car.
At last check, the GoFundMe total was up to nearly $28,000.
- Country artist John Prine dead at 73 after battle with COVID-19
- Spirit AeroSystems details furloughs
- Teachman’s Take: Warmth continues into Wednesday, Wintry chill not that far away
- Cox technicians no longer going inside homes, temporary move for COVID-19 crisis
- Two Kansans are back home after being stuck in Peru