KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (WCNC) – A high school wrestling match in Kannapolis, North Carolina ended Saturday when a father charged a student wrestler while the match was going on.
Video shows other parents rushing in to break up the incident.
The woman who shot the video said the man’s son was wrestling the student he charged.
Kannapolis Police identified the man as Barry Lee Jones of Harrisburg. He was arrested on charges of simple assault and disorderly conduct.
The student he assaulted attends Southeast Guilford High School. Police said the student was not hurt during the incident.
- As pandemic continues, Ascension Via Christi focusing on mental health of its staff
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Shockers Stampede Past Dixie State Saturday, 15-3
- Wichita woman organizes pop-up shop to provide free clothes to people in need
- McGuirl scores 17 as K-State holds off Iowa State 61-56