SAN ANTONIO, Texas (WOAI) – How soon is too soon to start putting up Christmas decorations? A battle over a snowman in one Texas neighborhood is putting that question to the test.
A snowman, some reindeer and a Santa hanging from a helicopter. These are just some of the decorations on display in front of the Simonis home in San Antonio.
The decorations have been up since Nov. 1, but the neighborhood’s homeowners association, Diamond Association Management & Consulting, says that’s too early. On Nov. 4, DAMC sent the Simonis family a letter informing them of the violation.
As for what defines “closer to the holiday season,” the letter didn’t say.
Nick and Claudia Simonis say they have no plans to take down the decorations.
“We’re not going to do it,” said Nick. “It’s the Christmas spirit. We’re not going to be forced by the HOA to take it down.”
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Hutchinson Public Schools: Board makes change to modified hybrid attendance plan
- Arkansas & Missouri postponed; SEC Games rescheduled for November 28th.
- Wichita State’s Men’s Basketball: Shockers out of Crossover Classic
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus