DETROIT, Mich. (WDIV) – A Michigan man is lucky to be alive after a steel beam crashed through his front windshield.
Johnnie Lowe, a father of three, thought his life was over when the steel beam came loose from the truck in front of him.
Lowe was driving a 26foot box truck to Lansing on Thursday to pick up auto parts for DNC Logistics. He said a flatbed truck changed lanes when the steel beam fell off and hit the freeway.
“When it bounced, saw it was steel and said, ‘This is going down,’ braced myself,” he said.
The steel beam stopped inches from his chest.
- School supply drive at Pigtails and Crewcuts kids salon
- Kansas officials address concerns about voting by mail
- Teachman’s Take: Evening severe storms, less heat and humidity this weekend
- Blue-green algae advisories remain in effect for many Kansas lakes
- Unemployment claims are down but job stability remains uncertain