DETROIT, Mich. (WDIV) – A Michigan man is lucky to be alive after a steel beam crashed through his front windshield.
Johnnie Lowe, a father of three, thought his life was over when the steel beam came loose from the truck in front of him.
Lowe was driving a 26foot box truck to Lansing on Thursday to pick up auto parts for DNC Logistics. He said a flatbed truck changed lanes when the steel beam fell off and hit the freeway.
“When it bounced, saw it was steel and said, ‘This is going down,’ braced myself,” he said.
The steel beam stopped inches from his chest.
- UPDATE: Police say missing 6-year-old boy found safe
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride
- Rains postpones Daytona 500, dampening event, Trump’s visit
- Deputies searching for two people in Butler County, one believed to be armed
- Shockers Drop Series Finale at Northwestern State