If you like beer and hiking, this might be the job for you.
One lucky hiker will get paid $20,000 to take on the Appalachian Trail while consuming and sharing plenty of brews along the way.
The person who lands this gig will trek the entire 2,200-mile trail, starting at Springer Mountain in Georgia and ending at Mt. Katahdin in Maine, “with or without accommodation,” according to the company website.
Along with the $20,000 stipend, the job comes with free travel to the trail-head. Gear is also included but no hotel expenses.
This is for an experienced hiker who is comfortable sleeping under the stars.
Devils Backbone estimates it will take five to seven months to complete the assignment, which starts March 1, 2021.
CNN Newsource contributed to this report.
- City of Wichita sees new businesses open during pandemic
- Wichita police and fire department are cracking down on firework regulations
- T.J.’s Forecast: Storms possible this evening and into July 4th
- Face mask ordinance passed 4-3 by City Council in Mayor Whipple’s Special Meeting
- Kansas football voluntary workouts suspended due to increased COVID-19 cases