MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas (KPRC) – Chad Dodge, 42, was officially sworn in Tuesday as a deputy constable for Texas’ Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constables Office.
“I’ve had jobs, and I’ve been good at work and everything else, but I’ve never actually gone after something like this, ever,” Dodge said.
Dodge’s journey to becoming a deputy constable started three years ago. At the time, he was a social media editor and weighed about 470 pounds.
In December 2016, Dodge decided to make life changes, starting with gastric bypass surgery, a healthy diet and workout routine.
“I started working out and joined the academy last year at Houston Community College and I graduated in June,” Dodge said.
Dodge now weighs in at 235 pounds.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 3, 2020
- ‘What would they have us do?’: LAPD chief defends cruiser seen hitting protestors as officers try to leave
- Curfews give sweeping powers to cops, but are often flouted
- ‘Dangerous’: Around world, police chokeholds scrutinized
- White House softens on sending troops to states, sources say