MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
The bill, HB-238, was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis on Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
Hollis said on Twitter that the measure would “neutralize” the state’s abortion restrictions.
The bill is currently in committee. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
- UPDATE: Police say missing 6-year-old boy found safe
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride
- Rains postpones Daytona 500, dampening event, Trump’s visit
- Deputies searching for two people in Butler County, one believed to be armed
- Shockers Drop Series Finale at Northwestern State