Kansas City traffic reporter Nick Vasos was apparently feeling under the weather, so he called out sick. What happened next might be the best thing you’ll read all week.
An email announcing Nick’s sick day was accidentally sent to Nexstar Media Group newsrooms across the country. Dozens of colleagues from all over replied to the chain, wishing Nick well.
The email thread was eventually stopped, but not before participants took to Twitter, coining the hashtag, #PrayersForNick.
Reporters, anchors, producers, and station employees of all sorts weighed in, until the hashtag started trending. Nick chimed in, thanking the company for the well wishes.
One of his managers in Kansas City did weigh in saying Nick is “going to pull through” but noted their newsroom didn’t get the email.
- Newborn celebration time at SCZ! Rhino mom Bibi gives birth to healthy baby boy
- Texas lawmakers concerned about COVID-19 risk as migrants gain entry to the US
- North Kansas City Schools sends buses to help seniors get to vaccination site
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- ‘The Rush’ on Isaac Brown’s introduction as WSU’s head men’s basketball coach