POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have arrested more than 100 people in an undercover sting targeting prostitution, human trafficking and child predators in Polk County, including a pastor and two people who work at Orlando theme parks.
The six-day investigation, dubbed “Operation Santa’s Naughty List” aimed to identify and help victims of human trafficking who might have been forced into prostitution.
Detectives arrested a Disney security guard named Rodney Davis, 56, of Winter Garden for soliciting prostitution.
“This guy walked up to the front door of this home in a neighborhood on a cool evening buck naked,” said Sheriff Judd.
A video shows how his arrest unfolded.
A total of 124 people were arrested, five of which had the intent to sexually harm a child, Judd said. Fifty-three people were arrested for prostitution, a second-degree misdemeanor, and 46 were arrested for seeking the services of a prostitute, a first-degree misdemeanor, Judd said.
The still also netted Tommy Gainey, a professional golfer and member of the PGA.
He told the sheriff’s office he was in town for a charity golf event.
- 150 million rapid COVID-19 tests to be distributed to all U.S. states
- Kansas Athletics to unveil Gale Sayers and John Hadl statues
- ‘The Rush’ previews tonight’s clash between the Chiefs and Ravens on Monday Night Football
- Pennsylvania mom, daughter get life terms in slayings of 5 relatives
- ‘Weakest Link’ premieres tomorrow on KSN