Slime safety: Don’t get burned

Don't Miss This
NC_slime0329_700x394_365959

(NBC News) – Thousands of kids are turning their kitchens into slime labs. The gooey substance is going through a renaissance, but some safety experts are warning families to be careful.

The use of too much of one ingredient, Borax, is said to have caused second and third degree burns on the hands of an 11-year-old girl in Massachusetts.

Kathleen Quinn’s mother said her daughter had made slime every day for months.

“This time, I just think it was, you know, her hands had had enough,” Siobhan Quinn says.

Borax has been used safely for decades as a detergent, but it comes with warnings right on the box.

If not diluted properly Borax can irritate the eyes, nose and skin.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories