Vaping accident leaves gruesome wounds

Don't Miss This

POCATELLO, Idaho (KPVI) – A Pocatello, Idaho man is recovering from second degree burns and the loss of several teeth after his e-cigarette exploded.

Saturday morning Hall woke up to get ready for work. Before getting into the shower he took a puff from his vape pen, and then the unthinkable happened. The device exploded in his mouth.

Hall suffered severe burns to his neck and face. He lost nine teeth, two on impact and seven during surgery.

Andrew’s mother Angalee says her son has only been vaping for a year.

“I love my son very much and all my grandkids, and I’m the one that heard them cry and say, ‘Where’s dad?’ All they saw was his mouth blown up and all the blood,” she says of the incident.

Right now, Andrew can’t eat solid food, but has to have it liquidized. Andrew will have to get his teeth replaced

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories