A dog in Florida decided to take the family car for a drive.
Well, what actually happened was the owner left the dog in a running car and it took off, driving in reverse, in circles.
A video shows the car moving in circles in a cul de sac in Port St. Lucie around 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning. If you look closely, you can see a driver–well, sort of.
“First, I thought I saw somebody backing up but then they kept going and I’m like okay what are they doing? And the cops came, and I’m like okay!” said a witness, Anne Sabol. “Then, the fire department showed up and I’m like okay!”
Turns out, the human driver left the car running when he stepped out for a moment. Police said the car was accidentally left in reverse with the dog inside.
“I saw this car going around in a circle, and it was doing it for about an hour. And when the cops got the door open a black dog jumped out, I was like they should give that thing a license,” Sabol said.
You can see the tire tread marks on the street, and a mailbox that got in the way and got smashed.
The owner of the mailbox said the dog’s owner promised to replace it.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Rain departs, warming weekend
- Short pursuit ends in fatal motorcycle crash
- Competitive Drive: Quentin Saunders remains humble, focused after winning third straight state wrestling title
- No. 13 Kansas rallies from 15-point hole, beats UTEP 67-62
- Memphis rallies to defeat Shockers in five, 3-2