KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSNW) — A Kansas Highway Patrol trooper’s car burst into flames Friday night following a chase in Kansas City, Kansas.
The chase began at 8:42 p.m. on I-70 near 18th Street when KHP attempted to stop a vehicle with a registration violation.
A few minutes later, troopers deployed stop sticks and the suspect car crashed near westbound I-70 and the I-635 exit.
The suspect fled the scene on foot and was arrested a short time later.
After the chase was over, the trooper’s car burst into flames for an unknown reason. The trooper was not inside the vehicle at the time and was not injured.
After the suspect was arrested, it was discovered that he had several outstanding warrants. The investigation is ongoing.
- “The violence needs to end”: Wichita mom speaks out after shooting
- T.J.’s Forecast: Much colder air filters in as a strong cold front tears through
- Fire destroys 76-year-old Syracuse business, leaving family and community picking up the pieces
- Trick or treating this Halloween? Tips to celebrate safely
- New York Times/Siena College Research Institute poll shows Marshall and Bollier in tight race for Kansas Senate