MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG) – A man who authorities say caused a wreck that killed two TDOT contractors and injured a state trooper last year was captured in St. Louis, U.S. Marshals said Friday.
Mervin Crigler is charged with vehicular homicide, DWI, vehicular assault, and aggravated assault in connection with a deadly wreck on Interstate 40 in Arlington, Tennessee on Nov. 6, 2019.
Authorities at the time said Crigler was driving a tractor-trailer that slammed into the men in the early morning hours.
Tennessee Department of Transportation contractors Jared Helton and Justin Stafford were killed and State Trooper with the Tennessee Highway Patrol LeJulian Roy was injured.
Crigler was also injured in the wreck, according to news coverage at the time.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing