WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – For the second time, Wichita is playing host to the Midwestern & Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Competition of different age levels begins Wednesday and runs through Sunday at INTRUST Bank Arena, with teams practicing at Wichita Ice Center. The proximity of the three surfaces of ice made Wichita a favorable host, according to Visit Wichita’s Brian Hargrove.
“It’s just a great economic impact for the city, having so many people come to the city, 160 teams, close to 2500 skaters, plus families. It’s filling up all the hotel rooms in the city, obviously, spending money at restaurants and gas and rental cars and so forth,” Hargrove said.
Wichita played host to the Midwestern & Pacific Coast Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships in 2018.
- Cuomo takes over governors group as virus batters states
- Walmart announces dates, locations for its parking lot drive-in theaters
- Newsfeed Now: Stimulus bill battle continues; ‘Zombie cicadas’ in Tennessee
- Missouri joins Colorado, Nebraska, and Oklahoma in approving Medicaid expansion
- Uncertainty surrounds back-to-school shopping