WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Riverfest kicks off Friday with nine days of concerts and activities.
Concerts and activities are available with a $10 admission button for adults. Children under five are admitted free to the festival; buttons for kids ages 6 to 12 are $3.
“With more than 100 diverse activities, events and performances, Riverfest truly has something for everyone,” said Mary Beth Jarvis, CEO of Wichita Festivals, Inc. “Hang out with your friends and neighbors along the river or at the two large concert stages, bring the kids or grandkids down to Cox Kids Corner, grab great festival treats at the Food Court, or jump into one of our many participatory events. No matter what you do, you’ll be enjoying the great hospitality of our volunteers and benefiting from the support we get from nearly 250 sponsors, which helps us throw one of the top 50 outdoor events in the world but keep it affordable and welcoming to all.”
The 45th Riverfest – themed “Party in ICT” – features 115 events and attractions, including 30 new events, all outlined on wichitariverfest.com.
Festival attendees can also access a full daily event schedule and festival map on their mobile devices.EVENTS RUNNING DAILY:
- Sparkling Ice Food Court and Bud Light Beer Garden, on and near Century II Drive
- Cox Kids Corner with family-oriented activities, inflatables, games and projects at Hyatt Lawn
- Ackerman’s Backyard at A. Price Woodard Park features happy hour, local DJs and games brought to you by PrairieFire Coffee
- Bike Walk Wichita Bike Valet offers secured bicycle parking at Ackerman’s Backyard provided by the Kansas Turnpike Authority
- Full STEAM Ahead tent in Cox Kids Corner with Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math projects sponsored by MakeICT and USD 259
- Riverfest Zipline, sponsored by Channel 963 in Ackerman’s Backyard
- Paddle Boats and Kayaks on the Arkansas River beginning from the Hyatt Lawn
- Riverfest Photography Contest sponsored by DPI. Cash prizes are up for grabs during the 10th annual Riverfest Photography Contest
- New Belgium Bike Giveaway by the Bike Valet at Ackerman’s Backyard. One lucky festival attendee will pedal home on a custom cruiser
- Wichita Habitat for Humanity Riverfest Build, south of RedGuard stage and sponsored by KSN. Watch as volunteers build an energy efficient home in only 8 days!
- Family Front Yard Fun part of Wichita Habitat for Humanity’s Riverfest Build at RedGuard Stage area – Enjoy fun activities and hands-on projects!
- FireShark Gaming at the RedGuard Stage Area. Visit the world’s first immersive gaming truck
- Laser Tag, west of Kennedy Plaza, brought to you by Brad Pistotnik Law
- King of the Ring, west of Kennedy Plaza. Challenge your friends or qualify for finals and a chance to win the $500 prize!
- Kansas Lottery at the Century II Food Court – Get your Tickets and Win!
- Wagonmasters River Tours, on the Arkansas River by the Douglas Street Bridge
- Helicopter Rides from the West Bank of the Arkansas River, north of Lawrence Dumont Stadium
- The Eagle Medallion Hunt, with daily clues in the Wichita Eagle, sponsored by Eddy’s
- Bike valet services, brought to you by Bike Walk Wichita and Kansas Turnpike Authority, located in Ackerman’s Backyard. Ride to the fest and park your bike for free!
EVENTS FOR FRIDAY, June 3:
- Admiral’s Breakfast, the official opening of Riverfest, presented by Hyatt Regency Wichita and sponsored by Legacy Bank, 7:30 – 9 a.m. at Hyatt Regency, 400 W. Waterman
- Wichita Habitat for Humanity Riverfest Build Wall-Raising with the Admiral, RedGuard Stage Area 9:15 – 9:45 a. m.,
- Fancyfoam Indoor Fly-In, sponsored by Rans Designs and Matrix Wand, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Century II Exhibition Hall
- DJ Takeover: Disco/Soul/Funk Dance Party at Ackerman’s Backyard 5 -10 p. m.
- Hot Air Balloon Glow, 6 p.m., sponsored by Textron Aviation
- Safelite AutoGlass Sundown Parade, 6:30 – 8 p.m. in downtown Wichita
- Andy Frasco & The U. N. sponsored by KMUW 8 – 10 p.m. at the Redguard Stage
- Twilight Pops Concert featuring the Wichita Symphony Orchestra, 8:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Kennedy Plaza Stage sponsored by Riverfest Corporate Hosts
- Opening Night Fireworks – 10 p.m. along the Arkansas River from Lewis to 1st Street sponsored by AccuWeather
EVENTS FOR SATURDAY, June 4:
- Kansas Health Foundation River Run, beginning at Waterman and Wichita streets sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas, IBEW, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, KSN, B98-FM, Hall’s Culligan, 102.1 The BULL, PrairieFire Coffee & Roasters, Meineke Car Care Center, ALT 107.3, Hiland Dairy Foods, Channel 963, Wichita Federal Credit Union, Meritrust Credit Union and the YMCA:
o Starwood Hotels & Resorts 10k, 7 a.m.
o YMCA 2-mile Family Fun Walk, 8:30 a.m.
o Meineke 2-mile Wheelchair, 9:25 a.m.
o Meineke presents the Katie Partridge Memorial 2-mile race, 9:30 a.m.
o Meritrust Tot Trot, 10:45 a.m.
o Awards Ceremonies following each race
- Hot Air Balloon Launch, 6 a.m., south of RedGuard Stage, sponsored by Textron Aviation
- PaddleFit Class 8 – 8:30 a.m., Cox Kids Corner presented by Flatwater Fitness
- Admiral’s Pancake Feed 8 – 11:30 a.m., RedGuard Stage Area
- Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga 9 – 9:30 a.m. , Cox Kids corner presented by Flatwater Fitness
- Over the Edge 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Ambassador Hotel presented by Boy Scouts of America/Quivira Council
- Riverfest Softball Tournament – Men’s Slow-pitch at 9 a.m., Southlakes Softball Complex 5301 S. Meridian
- ReStore Upcycle Challenge Kick-Off, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wichita Habitat for Humanity Build/RedGuard Stage Area
- Stand-Up Paddleboard Demos, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Cox Kids Corner presented by Flatwater Fitness
- Riverfest Hackathon , Exhibition Hall Century II- Registration at 10 a.m. Judging at 1 p. m. presented by the Knight Foundation, sponsored by Butler Community College, SNT Media, Wichita Downtown Development Corporation, Cox, devICT, Women Who Code Wichita, and Koch Industries, Inc.
- Human Foosball – Open Play 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., $80 registration for teams of 6, Ackerman’s Backyard sponsored by Chilton Billiards & Spas and presented by Rotaract of Wichita
- Riverfest Horseshoes, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Linwood Park, 1901 S. Kansas St
- Wings of the Wind Kite Festival, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. RedGuard Stage Area
- Horse Rides by Hope in the Valley Equine Rescue, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Cox Kids Corner
- Into the Darkness, 11 a.m.- 3 p m. behind the Wichita Public Library, presented by Guiding Paws, sponsored by Sparking Ice
- I Bike ICT Tours: Art and Architecture – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Bike Valet at Ackerman’s Backyard, presented by Bike Walk Wichita, sponsored by New Belgium Brewing and brought to you by KMUW
- Fancyfoam Indoor Fly-In – 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Century II Exhibition Hall, sponsored by Rans Designs, Matrix Wand and AMETEK
- Toy Train Display, 11 a. m to 5 p.m., Cox Kids Corner presented by Wichita Toy Train Museum
- Riverfest Marketplace, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Douglas and Main
- Dodgeball, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., RedGuard Stage Area, sponsored by Rusty Eck Ford
- Hoop Art, noon to 2 p.m. & 3 – 5 p.m., Ackerman’s Backyard, presented by Half Moon Hoops
- Tennis Fun Day, noon to 3 p.m., Ralph Wulz Riverside Tennis Center, 551 Nims St. Sponsored by Mo Connolly Brinker Tennis Foundation & UTSA
- Jet Ski Racing: IJSBA Mid-America Watercross Championships, 3 – 9 p.m., Arkansas River, sponsored by The Wichita Eagle
- Lucha Libre Wrestling, 3 – 7p.m., RedGuard Stage Area, sponsored by McDonald’s Mid-KS Co-op
- Violent Femmes w/ Meat Puppets, 3:15 – 10 p.m., Kennedy Plaza Stage. Sponsored by Don Hattan Chevrolet
- Speedy Cash Golden Ticket, 3 – 8 p.m., RedGuard Stage Area
- DJ Takeover: 90’s Dance Party/EDM, 5 – 10 p.m. Ackerman’s Backyard
- Hot Air Ballons 6pm Glow by Textron Aviation, South of RedGuard Stage
- Carnaval Del Rio: Dia de la Familia featuring Grupo Picante and Conjunto Atardecer, 7 – 10 p.m., RedGuard Stage. Sponsored by Wichita Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
EVENTS FOR SUNDAY, June 5: A Salute to Aviation and Manufacturing
- STEAM City, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Main and William
- Take Flight Butterfly Fest, 1- 5 p.m. at Botanica, 701 N. Amidon
- Riverfest Horseshoes, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m, Linwood Park, 1901 S. Kansas St
- Riverfest Sandcastle Competition, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Main and William sponsored by A/A Wichita and Beran Concrete
- Into the Darkness, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. behind the Wichita Public Library sponsored by Sparkling Ice and presented by Guiding Paws
- Jet Ski Races: IJSBA Mid-America Watercross Championships, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the Arkansas River, sponsored by The Wichita Eagle
- Wings of the Wind Kite Festival, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., RedGuard Stage Area
- Toy Trains, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cox Kids Corner presented by Wichita Toy Train Museum
- Riverfest Marketplace 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Douglas and Main
- Horse Rides by Hope in the Valley Equine Rescue, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Cox Kids Corner
- Fancyfoam Indoor Fly-in, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m, at Century II Exhibition Hall sponsored by Rans Designs, Matrix Wand and AMETEK
- Fly Like an Eagle, 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Main and William presented by Nu-Tek Aircraft Instruments Inc.
- Human Foosball: Open Play, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Ackerman’s Backyard sponsored by Chilton Billiards & Spas presented by Rotaract of Wichita
- I Bike Ict Tours: Urban Photography, 11 a.m. – noon, sponsored by New Belgium Brewing
- Hoop Art, noon to 2, and 3 – 5 p.m. at Ackerman’s Backyard presented by Half Moon Hoops
- Celebrity Egg Toss at noon, Star Lumber Stage at Century II Food Court
- ReStore Upcycle Challenge, noon to 6 p.m. RedGuard Stage Area
- Riverfest Hackathon Finish, noon. Judging at 1 p.m. Century II Exhibition Hall
- Admirals Armada, 1 – 5p.m., at the Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Kansas Sports Hall of Fame Hole-In-One Shootout, registration begins at 1 p.m. Shootout 5-6 p.m., Kansas Sports Hall of Fame at the Wichita Boat House, 515 S. Wichita sponsored by Divots Golf Shop and Insurance Professionals Inc.
- Cardboard Regatta, 1:30-3 p.m. vessel construction, 3-3:30 vessel launch at the Douglas Street Bridge, sponsored by The Wichita Eagle
- Coleman Country Concert featuring A Thousand Horses with Brothers Osborne, 3:45 – 10 p.m at Kennedy Plaza Stage. Sponsored by Coleman & GOM
- Flag, 5-10 p.m. at RedGuard Stage
- DJ Takeover: Dance Party 5 – 7 p.m. Country Two Step, 8-10:30 p m. EDM at Ackerman’s Backyard
- Paper Airplane Drop, 6-7 p.m. at Century II Exhibition Hall, sponsored by Fancy Foam and SPEEA Wichita
- Hot Air Balloon Glow, 6 p.m. South of RedGuard Stage
- Riverfest Wing-Eating Contest, 7 – 8 p.m., Star Lumber Stage at Century II Food Court, sponsored by KQAM/KGSO
Riverfest admission buttons are available – $10 for adults and $3 for children ages 6-12 – at Dillons and QuikTrip locations, and at the festival.