TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – A former Kansas House member will be taking over as president of a children’s advocacy group later this fall.
Kansas Action for Children says former state Rep. John Wilson will become president when current President Annie McKay steps down Oct. 31.
Wilson has been the group’s vice president of advocacy since September 2017. McKay has been with Kansas Action for Children for seven years, including the last three as president.
Wilson served in the House for 5½ years before resigning in August 2017 to join Kansas Action for Children. He was a Democrat representing a Lawrence district.
- KC-native Drew Lock happy to be the bad guy in Broncos-Chiefs rivalry
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Colder start to the weekend, wintry weather likely by Sunday
- Former coaches remember stand out athlete killed in shooting
- Competitive Drive: Dakota Deshazer aims to be an inspiration through his fight with cancer
- 3.2-magnitude quake rattles area on Kansas-Oklahoma line