TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – A former Kansas House member will be taking over as president of a children’s advocacy group later this fall.
Kansas Action for Children says former state Rep. John Wilson will become president when current President Annie McKay steps down Oct. 31.
Wilson has been the group’s vice president of advocacy since September 2017. McKay has been with Kansas Action for Children for seven years, including the last three as president.
Wilson served in the House for 5½ years before resigning in August 2017 to join Kansas Action for Children. He was a Democrat representing a Lawrence district.
- Biden surprises Elton John with National Humanities Medal
- NYPD finds woman’s dismembered body parts in suitcases; search is on for boyfriend, according to police sources
- Bargain hunter finds 700-year-old medieval manuscript at estate sale
- How accurate is the McDonald’s CEO on Chicago crime?
- Sticky stuff on your car? Here’s what it is