TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – A former Kansas House member will be taking over as president of a children’s advocacy group later this fall.
Kansas Action for Children says former state Rep. John Wilson will become president when current President Annie McKay steps down Oct. 31.
Wilson has been the group’s vice president of advocacy since September 2017. McKay has been with Kansas Action for Children for seven years, including the last three as president.
Wilson served in the House for 5½ years before resigning in August 2017 to join Kansas Action for Children. He was a Democrat representing a Lawrence district.
- Fatal accident outside Cheney on Friday
- Taylor’s Forecast: High heat and strong winds, storms out west
- “We teach them to get along with everyone, even if they may look different from them”: How to talk to your kids about racism
- Hundreds gather together for candlelight vigil at WSU
- Kingman County crash claims life of Cheney man