TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – A former Kansas House member will be taking over as president of a children’s advocacy group later this fall.
Kansas Action for Children says former state Rep. John Wilson will become president when current President Annie McKay steps down Oct. 31.
Wilson has been the group’s vice president of advocacy since September 2017. McKay has been with Kansas Action for Children for seven years, including the last three as president.
Wilson served in the House for 5½ years before resigning in August 2017 to join Kansas Action for Children. He was a Democrat representing a Lawrence district.
- T.J.’s Forecast: Cooler than average start to the workweek
- Coronavirus in Kansas: 7 more deaths, 1,064 more cases
- Child hit by car in Topeka
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool