GODDARD, Kan. (KSNW) – A student with Down syndrome at Eisenhower High School in Goddard scored on a 50 yard touchdown in a recent game against Maize.
Brody May, No. 73, is a sophomore at the school. He participates in football, wrestling and track.
His mother, Lindy, sent a note to KSN saying the sportsmanship is excellent and still exists in our school system.
“Game day at Tiger Nation. It was a great game for Brody May! Brody ran for a 50 yd touchdown! Maize South showed fantastic sportsmanship!! Life is about teachable moments.”
Brody’s brother, Parker, has spread joy as football team manager. Parker has Down syndrome and because of a previous heart surgery at three months old, he’s unable to suit up and play for the Tigers.
- As pandemic continues, Ascension Via Christi focusing on mental health of its staff
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Shockers Stampede Past Dixie State Saturday, 15-3
- Wichita woman organizes pop-up shop to provide free clothes to people in need
- McGuirl scores 17 as K-State holds off Iowa State 61-56