WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Friends University Singing Quakers from present and past wanted to spread hope and encouragement during trying and hectic times in midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
They came together virtually to sing Gilbert M. Martin’s arrangement of “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross”.
The piece was directed by Friends University legend and retired director of the Singing Quakers choir for 45 years, Dr. Cecil Riney. It included over 60 participants.
- Child abuse reports are on the rise as the country reopens
- Will unemployed Kansans lose $600 of weekly federal benefits?
- Wichita Mayor receives concerns from business owners who say some customers won’t wear masks
- As personal pool sales skyrocket, experts warn about swimming pool dangers
- 7 months after Kansas man dies in crash, widow gives birth to their baby boy