PORTLAND, Ore. (KGW) – A Portland, Oregon man’s cat is finally home five years after it disappeared.
Victor Usov reunited with Sasha the cat Tuesday at Portland International Airport.
Usov figured a coyote got the best of Sasha when he failed to return home. He was wrong. Sasha was found wandering the streets of Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1,200 miles from home, just a few weeks ago.
Sasha was not alone on the flight to Portland. The Santa Fe Animal Shelter employee who orchestrated the reunion tagged along.
“It’s crazy,” said Murad Kirdar. “I’ve been at the shelter five years, and I’ve talked to people who have worked in the shelter business for over a decade and they’ve never heard of an animal traveling 1,200 miles.”
- PAC launches campaign against Kobach in Kansas Senate race
- Sedgwick County jail deputy booked on suspicion of unlawful sexual relations
- WHO official watching for rise in virus deaths
- Ex-officer gets 4 months for deadly crash near Arrowhead
- DeVos rejects part-time reopening for schools amid pandemic