PORTLAND, Ore. (KGW) – A Portland, Oregon man’s cat is finally home five years after it disappeared.
Victor Usov reunited with Sasha the cat Tuesday at Portland International Airport.
Usov figured a coyote got the best of Sasha when he failed to return home. He was wrong. Sasha was found wandering the streets of Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1,200 miles from home, just a few weeks ago.
Sasha was not alone on the flight to Portland. The Santa Fe Animal Shelter employee who orchestrated the reunion tagged along.
“It’s crazy,” said Murad Kirdar. “I’ve been at the shelter five years, and I’ve talked to people who have worked in the shelter business for over a decade and they’ve never heard of an animal traveling 1,200 miles.”
- Wanted: Maurois Emell Williams
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Person walks into local restaurant and steals Baby Jesus
- KC survives mistakes, take AFC West with 23-16 win over Pats
- MBB: Shockers score road win at No. 25 Oklahoma State, 80-61
- T.J.’s Forecast: Clouds stay thick through tonight as a cold front nears