CHICAGO, Ill. (WGN) — A Chicago woman infected with novel coronavirus has infected her husband, health officials confirmed Thursday.
This is the first person-to-person spread of coronavirus in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This is also the second confirmed case of coronavirus in Illinois.
The woman, who is in her 60s, recently traveled to Wuhan, China, to take care of her sick father. Her husband did not travel to China.
The woman is currently under quarantine at AMITA Health St. Alexius Medical Center.
The husband is also hospitalized in stable condition, but health officials did not say where.
Local health officials said that the risk of contracting coronavirus remains low.
Symptoms of the deadly virus include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- ‘Cruise to cap’ — WSU celebrates drive-by graduation ceremony, KSN’s Chief Meteorologist is commencement speaker on Saturday
- Wichita West High battles Navy in ESports scrimmage
- Now hiring: Businesses in Kansas competing to recruit workers
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- Feeling the pressure: Temp agencies straddle the line between demand for labor and competitive wages