TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment said on Saturday that a Shawnee County woman died from the coronavirus.
The department said the woman was 70 years old and was first admitted to Stormont Vail Hospital on March 23.
This is the first death caused by the coronavirus in Shawnee County.
Health officials said they are investigating the woman’s close contacts and working to quarantine anyone she may have been in contact with.
- Local business donating 40% of proceeds to BLM movement
- US Rep. Roger Marshall can’t list himself as “Doc” on ballot
- Teachman’s Take: Hot and Humid Early June Summer Pattern Persists
- A spike in suicides leaves mental health officials concerned
- NFL Commissioner Goodell encourages players to ‘peacefully protest,’ admits ‘we were wrong’