TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – Kansas Department of Corrections Secretary Jeff Zmuda
announced Tuesday that three staff members working at Lansing Correctional Facility
have tested positive for COVID-19.
The staff includes a man over the age of 20 and two women over the age of 40. KDOC stated in
order to protect the identity of the staff, no other information will be released.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Leavenworth County Health Department are conducting a joint medical investigation.
KDHE is conducting the tracing and investigation within the facility regarding offenders and staff. Leavenworth County Health Department will conduct tracing and investigation outside of the facility. The health agencies will contact those individuals identified as being at risk, individually.
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Kansan who didn’t wear mask during Lawrence protest infected with COVID-19
- ‘Definitely a blessing’: Wichita State Basketball alumni Samajae Haynes-Jones returns home from Australia amid pandemic
- ‘I am one of you’: Rhode Island firefighter’s emotional story of racial profiling by police
- Kansas agrees to $2.55M settlement with ex-football coach