TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNW) – Kansas Department of Corrections Secretary Jeff Zmuda
announced Tuesday that three staff members working at Lansing Correctional Facility
have tested positive for COVID-19.
The staff includes a man over the age of 20 and two women over the age of 40. KDOC stated in
order to protect the identity of the staff, no other information will be released.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Leavenworth County Health Department are conducting a joint medical investigation.
KDHE is conducting the tracing and investigation within the facility regarding offenders and staff. Leavenworth County Health Department will conduct tracing and investigation outside of the facility. The health agencies will contact those individuals identified as being at risk, individually.
- Border agents find smuggled migrants in car trunk at California checkpoint, CBP says
- Can you repeat that? Hearing trouble becomes more obvious with masks
- Governor welcomes Christmas tree carried by horse-drawn carriage to Cedar Crest
- Watch Live: Sedgwick County Commission special meeting on coronavirus issues at 1:30 p.m.
- Restaurant workers out of jobs again as virus surges anew