BURLINGTON, Kan. (KSNW) – A 90-year-old woman in Coffey County has died one day after testing positive for COVID-19.
The woman died Tuesday after testing positive Monday. The health department says she was one of the 24 people at a Burlington nursing home that tested positive for the virus.
“Our heartfelt sympathy goes to the family, friends, and caregivers,” said Dr. John, Shell, the county health officer, in a statement. “This is the announcement that we’d sincerely hoped would never be necessary.”
Health officials are contacting people who had close contact with her. They will be isolated or quarantined at home and monitored for symptoms.
- Kansas Gas Service reminds customers of available financial assistance
- Newsfeed Now: Health officials pause use of J&J vaccine, unrest continues for second night after deadly MN arrest
- Illinois man discovers 19th-century tunnel beneath his property
- Hissing gator invades Florida woman’s kitchen
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in California parking garage