COWLEY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The City Cowley County Health Department announced Thursday that they identified five new cases of COVID-19 in Cowley County.
In a released statement, the City Cowley County Health Department said the new cases are all connected to the most recent outbreak that began on May 29, 2020.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment is giving the City Cowley County Health Department additional testing tools.
Cowley County employers are working with the health department to identify close contacts and to arrange for employees to be tested.
The people who have tested positive are being quarantined. They did not require hospitalization.
With the five new cases, there are 11 active COVID-19 positive cases in Cowley County. Since the pandemic started, Cowley County Health Department has confirmed a total count of 15 COVID-19 cases.
For more information on COVID-19 cases in Kansas, click here.
- City of Wichita sees new businesses open during pandemic
- Wichita police and fire department are cracking down on firework regulations
- T.J.’s Forecast: Storms possible this evening and into July 4th
- Face mask ordinance passed 4-3 by City Council in Mayor Whipple’s Special Meeting
- Kansas football voluntary workouts suspended due to increased COVID-19 cases