WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Friends University is turning the lights back on the Davis Tower on Friday as a symbol of hope and encouragement in the community. They will host a virtual lighting ceremony on March 27 at 7:45 p.m. on the Friends University website.
“During this time of uncertainty, our Friends family has decided to turn the lights back on the Davis Tower on the Friends University campus for our city to see as a symbol of hope and encouragement for our community,” said Dr. Amy Bragg Carey, president of Friends University. “As a faith-based community, we want to extend positive well-wishes and express our love, prayers, and care to the people of our city, nation, and friends during this difficult time.”
The community is invited to share photos of lights they put up at their homes as a symbol of hope on Friends social media platforms using hashtag, #LightUpICT.
- City, highway crews on standby to treat roads in Wichita
- Kansas drivers already experiencing icy road conditions ahead of expected winter weather
- Commissioners Cruse, Dennis react to lawmakers involved in attack ad lawsuit
- Chiefs rout Broncos 43-16 as Mahomes barely breaks a sweat
- Suspect in Leavenworth child abduction, double homicide in custody, yet to be charged