TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A health official in Kansas says the state is among the 14 states with the most rapid coronavirus spread and among the top 14 states for having the least restrictions on activities.
Lee Norman, Secretary of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, tweeted: “Do you think those two things are related? We were a shining example of success, only to squander it.”
Kansas set a new record Monday for its worst two-week spike in reported coronavirus cases since the pandemic began.
The state Department of Health and Environment reported 982 more confirmed coronavirus cases since Friday.
- Hand sanitizer recall: US brands join FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers
- Chiefs and Travis Kelce agree on contract extension, report says
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid
- Wichita State to receive more than $8M in coronavirus relief