TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas health officials report a new pandemic record for average daily hospitalizations. The state had an average of 26.29 new coronavirus hospitalizations per day for the seven days ending Monday.
The previous high was 23.86 for the seven days ending Friday. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment also reported that the state saw 1,597 new confirmed and probable cases since Friday, an increase of 2.5%, bringing the total cases to 62,708.
The state health department also reported eight new COVID-19-related deaths since Friday, bringing the total to 706.
- New omicron subvariant BA.5 now a majority of US COVID-19 cases
- Bette Midler called transphobic after saying women being ‘erased’
- Missouri county reports monkeypox case
- Biden orders flags at half-staff to honor Highland Park shooting victims
- 19 fireworks-related injuries reported at Wichita hospitals