WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The board of directors of Kansas Honor Flight announced that seven flights to Washington that were planned for the fall of 2020 have been postponed until 2021.
With many of our aging veterans dealing with health-related issues coupled with the uncertainty of the COVID-19 restrictions in place with airlines and the Washington, D.C. area, it is simply not prudent to have these fall flights, the board of directors said in a statement.
The board of directors and flight leaders will be investigating travel opportunities for 2021 to put together plans to get the veterans there as soon as possible.
- City of Wichita sees new businesses open during pandemic
- Wichita police and fire department are cracking down on firework regulations
- T.J.’s Forecast: Storms possible this evening and into July 4th
- Face mask ordinance passed 4-3 by City Council in Mayor Whipple’s Special Meeting
- Kansas football voluntary workouts suspended due to increased COVID-19 cases