WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Kwik Shop at 21st and Webb Road in northeast Wichita closed down Wednesday afternoon for cleaning after a worker tested positive for COVID-19.
A spokesperson for the company says a team member at the 2142 N. Webb Road location informed Kwik Shop about testing positive for the coronavirus.
“We are taking all appropriate steps following guidance from local health officials,” the company said in a statement.
The store is expected to reopen in the next few days.
Kwik Shop says the other workers at the store have been contacted and advised to follow CDC guidelines.
“We are grateful to all our customers for their patience and understanding during this time,” according to the Kwik Shop statement.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita