WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR/AP) — President Trump and the White House coronavirus task force gave a briefing on the country’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic Thursday afternoon.
On Thursday, a running count kept by Johns Hopkins University showed the United States now had the most confirmed cases of any country, with more than 82,000. Italy and China, the latter of which was the origin of the outbreak late last year, both had more than 80,000. Collectively the three countries accounted for about half the global total.
The Senate unanimously passed an unprecedented $2.2 trillion economic rescue package aimed at giving aid to US businesses, workers and health care systems. It now goes to the House, where it is expected to get final approval on Friday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show