SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman who is an inmate at the Saline County Jail and awaiting transport to the Kansas Department of Corrections has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Saline County Sheriff says the woman is asymptomatic and had been housed in the general population since early June. The sheriff’s office is working with the Saline County Health Department and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Until further notice, the jail is suspending fingerprinting and outside activities involving traffic into the jail.
Video visitation is still available from home. If you have questions about video visitation, please contact Securus customer service at 1-800-844-6591.
Deposits can be made to an inmates account on-line. If you have questions concerning making a deposit on an inmate account please contact 1-866-345-1884.
Arrangements for bonding will be by appointment only by calling the jail at (785) 826-6503.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- T.J.’s Forecast: Hot start to the final weekend of September
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court
- Kansas State stuns No. 3 Oklahoma 38-35
- Kansas advocates propose agency to track foster care system