WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – At Wednesday’s Sedgwick County commission meeting, commissioners, who act as the board of health, voted 4 to 1 to make a recommendation to Gov. Laura Kelly and local health officer Dr. Garold Minns to not extend the stay-at-home order.
The order is set to expire on Sunday at midnight. Lacey Cruse was the only commissioner that voted no on the motion.
The commission will collaborate with Dr. Minns to craft a local health policy.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- All 62 residents in Norton County nursing home test positive for COVID-19, of which 10 have passed away
- Chiefs top Bills, improve to 5-1
- Big turnout at Intrust for early voting this year