WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Health Department has given more than 209,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and has fully vaccinated nearly 100,000.
Most of the shots since the beginning of April are second doses with fewer getting their first dose.
The Sedgwick County mobile clinic is traveling around the county and went to Garden Plain on Tuesday to help make the vaccine more accessible. It is something the county health director said is key to getting the shot.
“We know that, that one of the reasons that people are, um, ambivalent or just don’t get it is that they think that well, I don’t know if I really need it, but if it came to me, if it was here, if it was convenient, I would do it and so that’s what we’re doing,” said Adrienne Byrne, Sedgwick County health director.
Mobile clinics are offered by SCHD staff and will be open on a first come, first serve (walk-in) basis. No appointment necessary.
- Thursday, May 6 | 3 to 7 p.m. | Hilltop Urban Church | 910 S. Bluffview Dr., Wichita
- Friday, May 7 | 10 a.m. to noon | Sacred Heart Catholic Church | 311 S. 5th St., Colwich
- Friday, May 7 | 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. | Maize Middle School | 4600 N. Maize Rd., Maize
- Saturday, May 8 | 1 to 5 p.m. | Lao Buddhist Temple | 2550 S. Greenwich Rd., Wichita
- Tuesday, May 11 | 2 to 6 p.m. | Andale High School, Gym B | 700 Rush Ave., Andale
- Friday, May 14 | 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Pathway Church – Westlink | 2001 N. Maize Rd., Wichita
- Tuesday, May 18 | 2 to 6 p.m. | Riverview Baptist Church | 844 W. 53rd St. N., Wichita
- Wednesday, May 19 | 2 to 4 p.m. | Clearwater Senior Center | 921 E. Janet Ave., Clearwater
- Friday, May 21 | 2 to 5 p.m. | Mulvane High School Gym | 1900 N. Rock Rd., Mulvane
Partner clinics are offered by community partners and assisted by SCHD staff, by appointment only. Contact the host facility to make an appointment.
- Saturday, May 15 | 1 to 4 p.m. | Bethany UMC Church | 1601 S. Main St., Wichita | Schedule by dialing (316) 993-0611
- Sunday, May 16 | 1 to 4 p.m. | Cedar Chapel UMC Church | 1140 E. 47th St. S., Wichita | Schedule by dialing (316) 993-0611
- Sunday, May 23 | 1 to 5 p.m. | Chisolm Trail Church of Christ | 5833 E. 37th St. N., Wichita | Schedule by dialing (316) 214-5490
- Sunday, June 6 | 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. | St. Mark Cathedral | 1018 N. Dellrose, Wichita | Schedule by dialing (316) 393-1574
- Saturday, June 19 | 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. | VFW Over There Post 112 | 1560 S. Topeka St., Wichita | Schedule by dialing (316) 265-3255
If you want to know where they are and you want to schedule your appointment, click here.