GARDEN CITY, Kan. (KSNW) — The Garden City school district, USD 457, says Plymell Elementary School will be closed to in-person classes starting Monday, Nov. 16. Instead, students will move to Level 6 Remote Learning from the district’s operational plan.
Other Garden City schools that are operating at Level 6 next week are Charles Stones Intermediate Center, Alta Brown Elementary School, Georgia Matthews Elementary School, and Jennie Wilson Elementary School.
Victor Ornelas Elementary School will be returning to Level 5 next week.
The district said it made the decision about Plymell because of several positive coronavirus cases in the school and because of a temporary lack of available staff needed o operate classrooms safely and effectively.
Plymell will be on the remote-learning plan through Nov. 30. It will also depend on coronavirus and staffing levels.
The district says a crew will deep clean and disinfect the school in the meantime.
For more information about the Operational Plan and the school and classroom status, go to www.gckschools.com.
- GraceMed works through backlog in covid testing
- ‘We will do whatever we have to’: Teams practicing one day ahead of KSHSAA vote to potentially delay winter sports
- Wichita State’s Men’s Basketball: Shockers out of Crossover Classic
- Salvation Army facing challenges due to COVID, needing more than donations this year
- Drinksgiving and pandemic: double threat has groups concerned