CLEARWATER, Kan. (KSNW) – The number of positive coronavirus cases at a Clearwater nursing home is now up to 52 with three deaths.
A joint news release from Sedgwick County, the City of Clearwater and from Clearwater Nursing and Rehabilitation Center says 43 residents and nine staff members at the center have tested positive for COVID-19.
After the cluster of cases was first found at the center, officials tested all the residents. They are still waiting for test results on some residents.
Seven residents who were hospitalized will return to the Center by Thursday night.
The facility officials say they are following recommendations from the Sedgwick County Health Department and KDHE, and are working to contain the spread of the disease and they have increased the number of workers to handle the additional workload.
- Kansas school districts adjusting for winter weather in already challenging year
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: This season’s hard freeze is coming
- Teachman’s Take: Strong cold front moves in Thursday, big changes on the horizon
- Drought continues to plague Kansas – winter wheat feeling the hit
- Web Link: Kansas Eviction Prevention Program