WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita Public Schools is confirming cases of COVID-19 in at least six schools in the district.
KSN News received a tip from a viewer on the cases. KSN reached out to USD 259, and a spokesperson said Cessna Elementary School, Curtis Middle School, North High School, Sowers Alternative High School, Pleasant Valley Middle School, and Kensler Elementary School have cases.
The district spokesperson said, “We are following our COVID protocol at those schools for a confirmed case, which is contact tracing and notification. Those who are considered close contacts have been notified.”
Wichita Public Schools has set Sept. 8 as a start day for school. However, teachers have returned for orientation and in-service.
- Campus varsity football team to miss two games, fans remain hopeful for remainder of season
- KBI: Death investigation in Iola surrounding 34-year-old man
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- KDOL seeing rise in unemployment claim fraud stemming from identity theft
- Sublette school district goes remote after numerous students and employees were quarantined for COVID-19