WICHITA, Kan. (AP) – A cluster of coronavirus cases have been found at a rehabilitation center in Kansas City, Kansas.
Seventeen residents and two staff members at Riverbend Post Acute Care Center have tested positive for the virus. The chief medical officer with the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas says six of those residents have been hospitalized.
Riverbend has 135 residents. Statewide, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases grew Saturday to 698, up 78 from a day earlier.
Twenty-one deaths were reported in Kansas.
- ACLU applies for early release for some inmates after COVID-19 outbreak
- Fire is brought to the Garden City Fire Department with live fire training
- Wichita stores see increase in firearm sales during pandemic, civil unrest
- Wichita teen leads large group in peaceful protest
- Popular Kansas music festival postponed until next year