KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KSNW) — WDAF-TV in conjunction with Nexstar affiliates KSNW-TV in Wichita, KSNT-in Topeka, and KSNF-TV in Joplin-Pittsburg broadcasted a live special “Kansas Congressional Town Hall: The Federal COVID-19 Response” Thursday evening..
This town hall was broadcast to more than 99% of constituents in Kansas. The town hall included all six US lawmakers representing Kansas.
The lawmakers touched on a wide range of issues facing the country and their constituents, from how prepared we are to deal with another spike in the pandemic to what life will look like as we try to get back to normal.
They also talked about their outlooks on the House-passed HEROES Act, how they’re protecting the nation’s food supply with a number of meatpacking plants in Kansas, and how they’ll continue to respond to other elements of the crisis.
FOX4’s John Holt moderated the discussion, which included the following lawmakers:
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS)
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-KS)
- Rep. Roger Marshall – Kansas 1st district (R – Great Bend)
- Rep. Steve Watkins – Kansas 2nd district (R – Topeka)
- Rep. Sharice Davids – Kansas 3rd district (D – Shawnee)
- Rep. Ron Estes – Kansas 4th district (R – Wichita)
- ‘All we need is to come together’: Shockers legend “Cheese” Johnson urges peaceful protests
- Community leaders looking for change by keeping the conversation going
- Peaceful protest in west Wichita Tuesday evening
- Wichita Police release bodycam footage from early Tuesday morning
- Four females manage to get out safely after vehicle ends up in west Wichita pond