WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Two area high school graduations were canceled Friday due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Wellington Public Schools announced that graduation for Sunday will be canceled under the advice of the Sumner County Health Department.
Valley Center also canceled its celebration that was to be held on August 1 due to the current risks of COVID-19.
The school said after exploring countless options and taking into consideration the advice of officials and medical professionals, the district determined that hosting the planned celebration is neither safe nor feasible at this time.
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid
- Wichita State to receive more than $8M in coronavirus relief
- Stephenie Meyer says more ‘Twilight’ books are planned
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog
- Arkansas man accused of placing dead animals on former neighbor’s grave