WASHINGTON (NBC News) – With coronavirus expected to hit five million cases this week, President Trump is once again contradicting his own health experts.
President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi are both taking aim at Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
Dr. Birx’s dire prediction about coronavirus, in which she described the virus as “extraordinarily widespread” drew a Twitter rebuke from Mr. Trump.
The president later backed down on camera, saying “She’s a person I have a lot of respect for I think Nancy Pelosi’s treated her very badly.”
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed
- T.J.’s Forecast: High pressure holds strong, more haze expected into the weekend