OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) — Kansas Republican Congressional candidate Amanda Adkins and her family tested negative for COVID-19 but will remain in home quarantine until Tuesday.
Adkins, her husband and their two children were tested Monday after the campaign learned a person at her victory party after the Aug. 4 primary tested positive for the virus.
She is facing Democratic incumbent Rep. Sharice Davids in the Kansas 3rd District.
Adkins campaign spokesman Matthew Trail announced in a news release Wednesday that Adkins and her family will follow federal guidelines and remain in quarantine until Tuesday. He said the person who tested positive is showing no signs of the infection.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed