LOS ANGELES, California (WJW/CNN) – Broadway star Nick Cordero is improving after suffering a setback in his long recovery from COVID-19.
On Wednesday, his wife Amanda Kloots said in an Instagram live stream that his health was going downhill.
On Thursday, Kloots struck a more optimistic tone about her husband’s battle.
“I’m happy to say it looks like we’re on a step forward again,” she said in a video posted on her Instagram Stories. “Wow. It’s been another roller coaster.”
The 41-year old Cordero has battled a series of coronavirus-related complications since he was hospitalized in March.
He spent weeks on a ventilator, suffered septic shock, mini-strokes, and had to have his leg amputated.
Cordero woke up from his medically induced coma earlier this month and is still fighting a lung infection.
- Peaceful protest in west Wichita Tuesday evening
- Wichita Police release bodycam footage from early Tuesday morning
- Four females manage to get out safely after vehicle ends up in west Wichita pond
- Positive Connections: Blind artist turns dark situation into vibrant life
- WSU providing support for African American students and staff