MELBOURNE, FL (CNN) – Hurricane Dorian sent wind and rain to the Florida coast, but the storm also washed something else ashore.
A Melbourne police officer was on patrol near Paradise Beach Park Tuesday when he was approached by a concerned citizen. The person directed him to a suspicious package on the sand.
It turns out the package contained a kilo of cocaine.
Now, the narcotics division is investigating where the drugs originated.
- Unemployment rate falls to 13.3%, US adds 2.5 million jobs
- Bat-wielding grandmother confronts protesters in Michigan
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Slim storm chance into the weekend, staying hot
- Family of six, two cats found dead in Texas garage