HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – Firefighters in Hutchinson battled an RV fire that burned near a home Friday night.
Hutchinson Fire Department Battalion Chief Jeremy Unruh said in a news release the fire started around 8:30 p.m. in the area of West 17th Street and Jefferson.
Unruh said the initial call was for a vehicle fire, but when firefighters arrived on the scene they found a recreational vehicle on fire in close proximity to a home. Other fire units were called to fight the blaze that rose above the roof line of a two-story apartment. Due to the size of the fire, additional fire units were called to the scene.
There was no damage to the residential building, Unruh said. The RV was a total loss with damage estimates to the vehicle put at about $1,500. The cause of the fire was an engine malfunction in the RV.
No one was injured in the blaze.