There can only be one “Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time” champion! Will it be Ken Jennings, Brad Rutter or James Holzhauer? No one knows just yet, but one thing is clear-this primetime two-night tournament is off to a fantastic start!
The rules are simple. The first contestant to win three receives $1 million and the G.O.A.T title. The two runners up will receive $250,000 each.
The three fierce competitors are:
1. Ken Jennings, 45
- Holds the record for most Jeopardy! wins (74 total)
- Has earned over $3 million from wins
2. Brad Rutter, 41
- Holds the title of the highest money winner in Jeopardy! history
- Has earned over $4 million from wins
3. James Holzhauer, 36
- Holds the title for the top-single day wins on Jeopardy!
- Has earned over $2 million from wins
Brad Rutter’s chance of leading the competition fell short after he bet all of his earnings and lost them during three Daily Double opportunities in Double Jeopardy!
Although he placed third in Game 1, he didn’t leave the night empty-handed. He finished the evening with $10,400 in earnings from the previous game.
During the first Daily Double of the night, Ken bet all of his earnings and answered his question correctly. The bold move allowed him to end the night in first place with $63,400.
Just $200 away from the game one victory was James Holzhauer who ended the night with $63,200.