HIAWATHA, Kan. (AP) – A 16-year-old boy is dead and four other teens are hurt after a rollover crash in northeast Kansas.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says the crash happened early Sunday in Brown County near U.S. Highway 36. The 17-year-old driver of a 2010 Toyota Corolla lost control of the car and veered into a ditch before the car went airborne and rolled onto its roof.
The Patrol says Ian Miller of Hiawatha, Kansas, died in the crash.
The other teens in the car – ages 15,17, 18 and 19 – all sustained serious injuries and were taken to a hospital.
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Taylor’s Forecast: Sunny until storms develop out west later today
- Wichita Black Lives Matter march interrupted by counter-protesters
- Taylor’s Forecast: All hazards possible with storms along a front tonight
- Taylor’s Forecast: Storms will bookend the afternoon heat